Whilst our Recycle With Michael scheme is great for younger children, we appreciate that older children might like to get involved with textile recycling in a slightly different way.
We work with a number of schools and colleges all over the country to encourage textile recycling, whilst also giving students a chance to get involved in running the scheme themselves. Past projects have included:
• Helping to host fashion shows featuring outfits made from recycled clothing
• Letting students organise and publicise their own recycling scheme using our facilities
• Providing on-site clothing banks for students and the wider community to use
If textiles are collected by students we can provide a financial reward to the school, dependent on the weight of donations. The textiles we receive will be reused or recycled wherever possible, with profit from the sale of the donations being gift-aided to The Salvation Army.
Benefits for schools and colleges:
• Free educational materials provided
• Chance to earn rewards for the school or college, as well as raise money for charity
• Free press office support to help profile your school’s activities in the local media
• Feedback on the amount of textiles collected made available to the school or college and local authority
If you would like to discuss ways in which we can work with your school or college to promote textile recycling, please contact Vicki Dunlop: email@example.com.