An outstanding record
An outstanding record
Enter your email address to subscribe to Wear To Care, SATCoL's e-newsletter for local authorities.
Salvation Army Trading Company Ltd (SATCoL) is the UK’s leading textile recycling company and the only one operating a nationwide service. Established in 1991, SATCoL has over 20 years’ experience working with local government and delivering an experienced, professional and reputable textile recycling operation. SATCoL currently works with over 330 local authorities throughout England, Scotland and Northern Ireland. Profit SATCoL receives from the Clothing Collection Scheme is gift-aided to The Salvation Army to support welfare projects helping some of the most vulnerable members of our society. In the last three years SATCoL gift-aided £19.8 million to The Salvation Army.
SATCoL’s service to local authorities:
• Free site surveys provided on request
• Clothing banks provided free of charge and refurbished every three years
• Local collectors used to provide guaranteed weekly collections
• PDA technology to record and analyse latest data from collections
• Client web access to view latest collection records
• Dedicated helpline to assist the general public
• Distinctive and trusted branding
• More than 130 shops around the UK, many located in areas of recognised poverty
• Offering a high profile, trusted and reputable charity connection
Free clothing collection strategies including:
• Locating of clothing banks
• Kerbside/door-to-door collections
• Schools collection schemes
• Estimating tonnage, forecasting and costs
• Education programme working with schools
• Press office support linked to a UK-wide public relations campaign
• Lobbying activities working with national government to shape future legislation
• Bank finding facility: www.wear2bank.co.uk
• Preferred partners for most major superstores
• A reputable service offering best value
Wear To Care
We also have a newsletter called Wear To Care, which details some of the latest news from our work with local authorities.
Wear to Care (issue 12 December 2012) Please click here
Wear to Care (issue 11 July 2012) Please click here
Wear To Care (issue 10 April 2012) Please click here
Wear To Care (issue 9 December 2011) Please click here
Wear To Care (issue 8 July 2011) Please click here
Wear To Care (issue 7 April 2011) Please click here
Wear To Care (issue 6 December 2010) Please click here
Wear To Care (issue 5 June 2010) Please click here
Wear To Care (issue 4 March 2010) Please click here
Wear To Care (special issue January 2010) Please click here
Wear To Care (issue 3, December 2009) Please click here
Wear To Care (issue 2, September 2009) Please click here
Wear To Care (issue 1, March 2009) Please click here
To subscribe to Wear To Care – SATCoL's e-newsletter for local authorities, enter your email address below.
Would you be interested in supporting our textile recycling scheme developed specifically for schools and colleges?
Read some brand new, inspirational stories from people helped by The Salvation Army.
Find out how it all started with one man's inspirational trip to Australia.